I just got back from my last monitoring appt this morning, and thankfully, all looked good. I was a little anxious going into this appt because yesterday and today I have been experiencing total ovulation symptoms. Increased cervial mucous (sorry, dad), sore boobs, and slight cramping.Yikes! How unlucky would it be if the Cetrotide wasn’t doing it’s job (this holds off ovulation) and my body decided to ovulate before our retrieval. I knew this was VERY rare…but so were 3 miscarriages and an ectopic pregnancy…so statistics don’t carry too much weight with me anymore. To ovulate before retrieval would be devastating. And these symptoms that just popped up out of nowhere yesterday, well, they kinda freaked me out. Especially since I have been stimming longer than originally scheduled and yesterday was day 14 of my cycle. In my typical 28 day cycle, this is the day I ovulate…like clockwork. And the worst part was that it was Saturday afternoon before I noticed these symptoms and my RE’s office was closed, so I couldn’t even ask a nurse if it was normal or something to be concerned about. Luckily, my friends over at BBC (an online support forum) who also went through IVF’s this month put my mind at ease that these were very normal symptoms and ones that many of them had experienced close to ER. Man, what did people used to do without technology? I was so thankful to have some ladies that knew what I was going through, had been through it themselves just recently, and put my mind at ease. I was also so glad that I had an appt bright and early this morning so my imagination and worries couldn’t run off too far.
Thankfully everything looked good! Lining is a nice 11 mm and I have 12 follicles ranging from 20 mm to 14 mm. I was hoping that we would be triggering tonight (I am so worried about over-stimulating and over-maturing my eggs) but Dr. K wants me to go one more night on stims, then take the trigger shot tomorrow at 9:30 PM for a 8:30 AM retrieval on Wednesday. Check in will be at 7:45 AM. So early, and definitely not an ideal time for us since my daugter starts school at 7:40 am and traffic is terrible going to LA in the morning. But, we’ll figure something out! Eekkk…these past two weeks of planning, preparing, poking, and prodding are about to take a drastic turn. It’s almost here.
Family & friends, please pray that my follicles and eggs continue to grow and mature over these next few days. Also, pray that they don’t become over mature by the time my egg retrieval takes place. Also, please pray that my body doesn’t decide to fall into that “VERY rare” area and decide to ovulate before Wednesday. Other than that, just pray for our peace, strength, and God’s hand as we move from the medication side to the retrieval side of this journey.
I love you all. Thanks for your support!
~ xoxo Mrs. B